This page is an attempt to collect all of the news articles and significant blogposts relating to racism in Singapore.
Not all of these posts are describing racist incidents – some are noteworthy discussions about racism.
- Two men arrested under the Sedition Act for posting comments against Muslims and Malays on Internet blogs
- Shimun Lai: Fucking indians […] trains need to have separate cabins for humans and fkn dogs
- “I fail to comprehend why a local, say, Chinese woman would want a Bangladeshi toy boy. To get ridiculed by friends and family?”
- Justin Wee: “My racist jokes damn awesome right?”, followed by ““I wish to clarify that I did not mean any of the profanities and racist jokes I had said in the video for I was drunk and did not have a clue about what I was doing or what was going on around me.”
- NTUC Asst. Director Amy Cheong sacked for racist remarks
- Campus Crusade for Christ: “Much of the population is M”
- Chinese UOB employees paint their faces black at Bollywood-themed party
- Seker SB: Advantage of growing up a minority in Singapore is that you adapt
- I’m a brown person and I live in a racist country
- Little India riot: Netizens combat racism on social media
- Outside the Margins: Chinese Privilege in Singapore
- Civil society groups ‘alarmed’ by surge of racism and xenophobia
- Is Singapore a racist country?
- “Indians are smelly”
- Alfian: Racism vs Ethnocentrism
- To My Dear Fellow Singapore Chinese: Shut Up When a Minority is Talking about Race.
- Sharon Au mocks Indian girl’s accent at SEA games
- Chinese Privilege, Gender and Intersectionality in Singapore: A Conversation between Adeline Koh and Sangeetha Thanapal
- /r/singapore – What’s one question you’ve been dying to ask another race but never do because you’re afraid of the impending “THAT’S RACIST!” aftermath?
- Ban of musical instruments in Thaipusam
- “I don’t want sit beside malay people”
- “You can’t take pork right???” – “Erm because often we would be going out for company events and all. So it would be inconvenient if one of our staff can’t take that meat.”
- Priscilla Poh Beng Hoon: “The Malay language makes me vomit. Only very stupid people call for use of this low-class language.”
- “WTF Singapore one so ugly!!” – when a brown girl represents Singapore
- Prima Deli: “”From what I see, and the way you look, and not trying to be racist ah, but you Malay, I think you cannot la”
- Tampines 1: “Our target audience is mainly Chinese” [alt]
- Singaporeans Try: Indian Snacks
- Toggle does Blackface
- MP Denise Phua calls Indians “walking time-bombs”
- Defense Minister Ng Eng Hen: No space for halal kitchens on Navy ships
- Confronting ‘Chinese privilege’ in Singapore
- Iwani Mawocha: Is Singapore a racist country? – A black woman’s experience in Singapore
- SMRT gives racist cabbie stern warning
- /r/singapore – [Serious] Singapore locals who have experienced racism, what is your story?
- /r/singapore – Saw this defence/alternative view of The SmartLocal’s video controversy on my FB feed
- Zulfikar Shariff – Racism in Singapore is now new
- NOC: “She look like she’s attending Deepavali” / “One little two little three little Indian”
- What Privilege Looks Like in Singapore
- Even in weak market, racial bias trumps profit for many Singapore landlords
- The racist reality of house-hunting in Singapore: “Sorry, your wife is Indian”
- Radio play with ‘ludicrous accents’ being re-recorded following online protests
- “This is Singapore. You Filipinos. Go back to the Philippines. This is Singapore.”
- What it feels like to be an Indian girl in NUS Business School [TOC]
- /r/singapore – What’s the most racist thing you’ve heard in Singapore?
- “We r not discriminating u, just that many malay guys sex abuse”
- When the teacher saw the girl’s package, she said, “What’s that? So dirty!”
- ABTM 4: Casting director asks actor to be “full blown Indian man”
- Defining Malay (context: Elected Presidency)
- Gushcloud influencer disliked food at Ramadan Bazaar
- The Hard Truth about Racism in Singaporean Media
- No by-election if minority MP leaves GRC, says Chun Sing
- “Fucking Bangla”, (also see: Mothership comments section)
- “You think you are more equal than Chinese? Singapore majority Chinese ok!”
- [Discussion] Alfian Sa’at writes about his frustrating experience in a taxi.
- “Fuck Indians” spray-painted on a children’s playground
- Thaipusam music dispute