Hi, I’m Visakan Veerasamy (call me Visa!). I am:
Singaporean. I was born and raised here. I studied and served NS here. I care deeply about making Singapore a more beautiful, thoughtful and loving community that we can all be proud to be a part of.
- Awesome Speeches and Essays Concerning Singapore
- What is PM Lee Hsien Loong like in person?
- Meeting PM Lee: The Aftermath
- Ministerial Pay: The neglected truth about financial incentives.
- Why Singaporeans don’t feel that they belong.
- Does racial harmony justify xenophobia in Singapore?
- Singaporean students lack drive. Why ah?
- How should our MPs handle social media?
- How do we get Singaporeans to look out for each other?
- Is Singapore a gaze-averse nation?
- The Singaporean Education System
- Evidence of Straits Times’ manipulation of forum letters
- Why nobody gives up their seats, and how we can fix that
- Why JC students DON’T deserve priority over Poly students.
Humanist. I’m not religious, but I believe strongly in love, compassion and faith in ourselves and one another. As a humanist, I also identify as feminist, anti-racist, anti-xenophobic and anything else that believes in a more equitable world for everyone. If and when we make contact with extraterrestrial life, I’m all for peaceful coexistence.
- Soulmates: why reality is actually more wondrous and beautiful than fantasy.
- Swarm Intelligence: God as something Within ourselves
- dealing with that familiar empty feeling
- How to deal with an existential crisis.
- Embrace the detours.
- Love lives, and to love is to live.
- The day suicide finally made sense to me.
- Self-mastery and the journey of the hero
- Personal development and symbolism of the hero
- Left 4 Dead: Enlightened self-interest in a zombie apocalypse
- How I learnt to love Mass Effect 3′s ending, pre-Extended Cut DLC
- My Mass Effect experience
- 7 Lessons smokers can teach us about getting shit done
- The Art of Disagreement: 5 steps to emerge unscathed from every battle
- Why self-help books don’t work, and why it’s your fault
- Harnessing and managing the rocket fuel of Emotion
- 7 steps to unlocking superhuman clarity of mind
- Managing complex change: 5 things that stop you from accomplishing greatness
- How Marginal Differences will change your life
- Why you should keep track of every day
- The Smile Experiment
- A candid assessment of my own weaknesses.
- On binging, and moderation.
- Why weeks and months are more valuable than days and years.
I decided that I was going to stop drifting aimlessly and transform into a heat-seeking missile, locked onto my vision of myself growing into a highly accomplished individual who is happy, fulfilled and an asset to humanity. This is still a work in progress.
Above all else: Email me. My email is visakanv at gmail dot com. Ask me a question, tell me something interesting, whatever. I live for human connection. I want to hear from you, whatever it is that you might have to say- or even if you don’t know what to say. I’m here. This is me reaching out to you. Reach out to me.