CISCO wayang level: Over 9000!

My brother noticed something interesting a few weeks ago, but I never got around to writing about it. (Sorry, I’ve just been really busy!)

A CISCO vehicle was parked very precariously along Upper East Coast Road, as follows. I don’t know the traffic rules, but apparently this is illegal, and kind of dangerous.

So my brother called the Police, who told him to call LTA, I think- who said that they would issue a summons. I believe my brother even jokingly asked whether they were really going to do anything about it, and asked if he should put pictures on Facebook- to which whoever answered supposedly said, Sure, carry on, go ahead.

Well, my brother returned that night, and noticed that the Cisco vehicle had reversed a little. But wait, there’s more! Can you see it?

There’s a traffic summons! Wow, Cisco is really on the ball, huh? But wait…

Notice anything special about the summons? Let me get a close up:

Aiyoyo! Nothing on the slip! Wayang only! Now I’m curious- are all Cisco officers allowed to have this kind of wayang summons? Is this a one-off case, or is there a system of I-scratch-your-back-you-scratch-mine? I’m not personally too bothered by this because I don’t drive, but I imagine a lot of Singaporean drivers are going to have a lot to say about this one…

About Visakan Veerasamy

I work at ReferralCandy, write at PoachedMag and blog at... here. This is my blog. You can find me on Twitter at @visakanv. I deactivated my Facebook account a while ago because the noise was too much for me to handle. How does this authorship nonsense work?
This entry was posted in Singapore. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to CISCO wayang level: Over 9000!

1. D says:

Is this for real? If it is, I think its bordering on illegality!

2. adrian says:

The gif at the end is so perfect.

3. J says:

No, it’s not wayang but an exhibition – to show us what will happen when a vehicle is parked illegally and gets a summon. LOL!

4. Pingback: Cisco samman fail

5. Ben says:

Law enforcement officers are king of the road. We need Super Law Enforcement blogger like you to check on them. Let’s make every Sunday a Super Law Enforcement day in Singapore.

Watch another Wayang here:

6. Pingback: Daily SG: 1 Nov 2012 | The Singapore Daily

7. Ahmeenah says:

If one fines itself, does it mean the fine is written off?

8. Pingback: Cisco sibeh wayang

9. Mrbillion says:

Bias!

10. Ash says:

Isn’t this considered cheating? Just like folding of coupon tabs. They go around shouting at drivers and they are cheating themselves. OMG!

11. Wayang Spotter says:

In the mornings, you can regularly see a few bikes from them park at a certain petrol station at Stevens Road chobo, tok cok sing song there.

12. Pinky Loong says:

An Offence is an Offence irregardless of who committed it.

13. Pingback: CISCO issues blank illegal parking ticket to CISCO vehicle | New Nation

14. Pingback: Cisco Certis Wayang Level: Over 9000!

15. Pingback: Something interesting to talk about....

16. izz says:

Is that supposed to be :Photoshopped”?

17. steve says:

placed them in stomp would be better… anyway if i not wrong cisco under temasek holdings( pardon me if i am wrong).. so indirectly is govt own agency…

18. Mark lim says:

Firstly no parking within x m of junction, 2ndly no parking facing oncoming traffic! Btw i always keep a bright yellow wheel clamp in my boot for whenever i need to create a new parking lot in the mall. Sometimes capitamalls even ask me to clamp my car at a conspicious location for other drivers to see that they mean business!

19. Disappointed says:

What the Cisco Certis officer did is cheating. Like using tempering the coupon. The LTA should looking to this seriously.

20. Pingback: Did you miss these stories in 2012? | OMG!! Singapore

21. Pingback: LTA Officer summon illegally-parked Mata Vehicle - www.hardwarezone.com.sg